Maternity or Antenatal care is provided free of charge for all patients both private patients and medical card holders alike.
7 antenatal visits and the 2 week and 6 week baby check are paid for under the HSE's Maternity and Infant Care Scheme.
We run a Childhood Immunisation Campaign at Dingle Medical Centre in keeping with the HSE guidelines.
- At baby's first visit, the reception team will open a file for your new baby. Please brings their PPS number to the appointment.
- If you are a medical card patient, it is important to apply for baby's medical card straight away as they can take time to arrive.
- Baby's first visit should be for their 2 week check up. The doctor or nurse will check your baby's weight and examine your baby.
- Baby's next visit will be for their 6 week check up. The doctor will, once again check your baby's weight and examine your baby.
- Mum will also receive a check up today.
- Please schedule extra time for your 6 week check to allow for two separate consultations.
- PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR BABY'S FIRST VACCINE. This is ideally done when your baby is 2 months old and after the date of their birth.
Primary Childhood Immunisation Schedule
|2 MONTHS||GP||6 IN 1 + PCV|
|4 MONTHS||GP||6 IN 1 + MEN C|
|6 MONTHS||GP||6 IN 1 + PCV + MEN C|
|12 MONTHS||GP||MMR + PCV|
|13 MONTHS||GP||MEN C + Hib|